Heavy Metal Detox Pesto
I have been visiting doctors and healers all over the world for years as a side effect of my cool job and my personal needs stemming from being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Almost each of these healers mentioned the rampant amount of people with heavy metal poisoning. I was tested on multiple occasions, and even as clean as I eat, I had very high metal levels. Thus, I began to research types of metals, how they are ingested and how to naturally rid these metals from my body.
There are many heavy metals that people are exposed to regularly without realizing it. Heavy metals like Mercury, Aluminum, Cadmium, Arsenic, Lead, Nickel, and other metal poisons are able to imbed themselves into our central nervous systems and bones, bio-accumulating for years until we start to suffer acute health problems from heavy metal poisoning. When metals accumulate in the body they are suspected of triggering dangerous conditions like heart disease, thyroid problems, dementia, learning problems, neurological conditions, autism, infertility and birth defects.Fortunately, there is a simple one-two-combination that helps to chelate heavy metals so that they are no longer circulating in the body cilantro and chlorella.
First let’s take a look at where you may be coming in contact with these metals and the signs of metal toxicity. Metals can be found in our water, thermometers, thermostats, teeth fillings, pipes and drains, exposure to pesticides, batteries, steel, alloys, dyes and steel. When metals enter the body, they are stored in the kidneys, blood, spleen, brain, liver, bones and fatty tissues. Symptoms of toxic build-up due to chronic toxic metal exposure can be subtle, in large part because these symptoms are so “common,” such as fatigue, depression, digestive distress, reduced ability to properly assimilate and utilize fats, aching joints, impaired blood sugar regulation and female reproductive problems.
Heavy metals don’t easily leave the body unless specific steps are taken to remove them. Here are some of my preferred ways to facilitate the removal of heavy metals from the body:
1. Eat a clean, highly alkaline, organic diet.
Aim to include lots of fresh salads, juices, raw soups, and smoothies to reduce the amount of toxins going into the body and help magnetize out old acidic waste that is stored in the body. Only eat organic produce and wash it well, since metals are found in our pesticides
2. Infrared saunas help remove heavy metal toxins stored in your fat and connective tissue.
Unlike a regular sauna, it has the ability to penetrate deep into the subcutaneous tissue to help root out these poisons.
3. Cilantro has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our bodies in a relatively short period of time.Chelating agents are those that bind to heavy metal toxin ions, and then are removed from the body through our regular excretory channels. Cilantro is best used in conjunction with Chlorophyll which can bind with the heavy metal molecules and enabling them to be eliminated from your body.
People who have eaten large salads daily full of cilantro have experienced the side effect of moodiness, acne, joint pain and more caused from mobilizing heavy metals that weren’t all excreted from the body fast enough, which meant they were detoxing and toxifying themselves the same time!
Simply by adding chlorella – an intestinal absorbing agent, the retoxificaiton of the system is prohibited. Clinical studies completed recently proved that heavy metal chelation [using cilantro and chlorella] can naturally remove an average of 87% of lead, 91% of mercury, and 74% of aluminum from the body within 42 days.
I found this Cilantro Chelation Pesto cleanse online. It mentions to continue with the cleanse for at least three weeks to effectively remove toxic metals from our bodies. I would consider doing this cleanse for three weeks at least once a year. The pesto is delicious on veggies, kelp noodles and crackers.
Cilantro Chelation Pesto
4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
2 cups packed fresh cilantro (coriander, Chinese parsley) (vitamin A)
2/3 cup flaxseed oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
2 tsp dulse powder
Sea salt to taste
Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a pinch to sea salt to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.
Cilantro & Chlorophyll Detox
1. Upon waking drink 1 tbsp of fresh-squeezed lemon juice in 1 cup of warm/hot water. Remember that lemon juice is acidic in the glass, but becomes alkaline upon ingestion.
2. On an empty stomach (at whichever time of day is convenient for you) take 1 tablespoon of liquid Chlorophyll in a glass of water and then eat 2 teaspoons of the Cilantro Pesto (recipe below). You can eat the cilantro pesto with other foods – on crackers, baked potatoes, etc. – but I feel it will be more powerful if consumed on an empty stomach, at least 10 – 15 minutes before other foods.
Please see your physician if you feel you may have heavy metal toxicity.